Hi, my name is Ronnie and, like a lot of people, I didn’t feel grateful for 2016 but 2017 will be my biatch. Welcome to the Grateful Daily Blog!
Yes, there were amazing things about this year, there were! I can even say I had the highest moment in my career this year by far, a lot of family goals were accomplished and I finally got to live in a dream studio by myself, like I’ve always wanted to. But, to be quite frank, it’s been hard to even be, er to FEEL truly thankful for most things, because so much felt so bad. Why was that?
Partly because I let myself fall into the “This year sucks” conversation. More than that, I encouraged it and brought it up consistently, I made it a focus and GUESS WHAT? It miiiiiight have brought it about. This year I’ve decided to change that and not participate in “this sucks” conversations of any kind. Another reason might be the fact that I felt out of place, it was my second year in Los Angeles (a city I’m trying to like) and where I have never quite felt like I belong. Also, to quote the luminaire Kylie Jenner, it was a “year of realizing things” in terms of how LA works, specially in showbiz, which is where I move about. I’m female and I’m not white and LA is what I initially thought of as FUCKING BEHIND in terms of race/gender, not just in Hollywood but in social interactions and real life… however, after this election, I think actually LA is not behind but right on time with the “other” half of America.
Politics aside, there are other reasons 2016 was UGH: My finances were truly out of whack, I hemorrhaged money and no check seem to ever arrive on time or with the amount of money I had expected, I miss the change of seasons of NYC (and the fast pace, the straight shooters, the hustle that so makes me motivated, inspired and alive), I’ve been stressed about whether my parents would leave Venezuela or not and, overall, I realized a lot of what I thought were close friends …were not, I went through a rough breakup and this year, suddenly, I fell out of love the thing I’ve loved all my life, the one thing that literally kept me alive so many times… Performing. If you add this up it = WOOF.
For whatever reason, internal or external, I let 2016 run me over like a corn truck runs over the corn things in the field thingies (use your imagination to make my metaphor work?) and I ain’t about to let that same thing happen to me in 2017. So I created this blog as a way to flip the script, edit my life and, in the end, find peace and happiness, which is what we are all here for.
Please join me as I thank 2017 on the daily. Here are some of my self-imposed rules:
- There will be a post per day. In case something happens and I can’t post, I will make it up so, at the end of this year, there will be 365 posts with 2017 dates.
- There’s no limit of the things to be thankful for but I must be thankful for a least one thing per day.
- Pictures and links will be encouraged whenever possible, but I’m OK with this just being a written word blog.
- Complaints, crankiness, negativity can take a hike, because the name of the game here is POSITIVITY, THANKFULNESS & YES! 2017 is the best year.
- I will share inspirational links and stories that other people post that I consider pertinent to the Grateful Daily Blog
- I’m allowed to add rules as I discover how to do this but the ones above this line are NOT movable!
OK, thank you for reading and stick around!! I’m remaining accountable for myself but, when all else fails (and I know myself, it might sometimes) I will remain accountable for you, my reader friend.
LET’S DO THIS!!! – R